Thursday 2 April 2009

Selecting Music for the Movie

I wanted something a bit....different to your usual horror films music. Something slightly calming but eery and sad. So I trauled the internet for copyright/royalty free tracks, in particular in the ambience genre.

I came across www.garageband.com and discovered a track which can be listened to here.

http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSkYVmxZW4

I instantly knew it would be perfect for our film, especially the initial 30 or so seconds of the track. It provides a perfect introduction and build up to our tension building establishing shots. I showed this to the rest of the group and they felt the same way, they loved it. To me, how slow paced the track is emphasizes how the character must feel during the chase scene, wanting it to be over but seeming like it is taking forever. It is also more fitting with our daylight setting.

- Will

No comments:

Post a Comment